The social worker is a civil servant who also monitors the observance of your rights during the procedure, irrespective of the fact that you already have a guardian. The social worker may be either a man or a woman.

The social worker must attend all the interviews conducted with you before the Agency for Refuges.

In addition, the social worker must check whether your basic needs are met in the room in which you are accommodated at the refugee centre. If you are accommodated outside the refugee centres, the social worker is obliged to visit and inspect your lodgings in order to make sure that you are safe and not troubled by anybody, as well as to check if you regularly receive food and if you are in good health.

For more information about where you may be accommodated during the procedure, see “Accommodation”.