If one or both of your parents are in another state of the European Union, you have the right to request that you are transferred to that state in order to stay with you parents.

You can also request being transferred to another European state if another close relative of yours is in that state – for example: a grandmother, a grandfather, an aunt, an uncle, an adult brother or sister.

This is why it is important that you declare this before the interviewer from the Agency for Refugees who is in charge of this procedure. If you have documents certifying your relationship with the family members/relatives in the other state, you must present these documents. You will be required to sign a declaration in which you give your consent to go to the other state.

The permission for your transfer to another state is not issued by Bulgaria, but by the other state.

If you receive permission to go to another state, the Bulgarian authorities will ensure your travel documents and all the travel arrangements. If the other state refuses to accept you, your procedure will be conducted and completed in Bulgaria – this means that the Bulgarian authorities will take the decision on your application for international protection.

For more information about this procedure, see “Dublin procedure”.